Sunday, May 10, 2009

Heading up hill












As I mentioned in my last dogblog the summer has arrived and I am not an afficionado of hot weather. Walking is all well and good and presents a chance to encounter new sniffs and cats to terrorise. Despite the limited size of my legs I can often walk 20 kms or more in a day; but please, not in hot weather. Today we took a stroll to a location above the nearby village of Capilerilla, and it was all up hill. I have a lot of body mass to shift with each pace and did not appreciate the sun beating down on my two layers of fur - wire haired dachshunds are well known for their double coat. The tall ones who walked with me, Robert and his sister Philippa, seemed undaunted by the change in the weather and steamed on - no doubt they knew about the drinks and tapas awaiting them at the wooden hut where Haidé and Cristo are currently residing. And speaking of refreshments, not a morsel was cast in my direction.

This week we have welcomed back Margaret and Dave who are here for their fifth stay and have brought two Australian friends, Gavin and Angela. It is always a pleasure to welcome back previous guests to Cortijo Opazo, although Ella always goes a little potty and lets the side down.

Yours, in the shade,

Fergus

No comments:

Post a Comment