Friday, July 17, 2009

Flea in my ear


I've got a flea in my ear today, at least that's what it feels like. Most annoying. It's hot and I can't sit still for this constant irritation in my ear. I'm not sure if it is a sting or just a wayward grass seed. I've tried shaking my head vigorously from side to side to see if I can shift it, but no luck. If it were Ella shaking her head it would probably fall off and roll into the compost heap, so flimsy and fragile is her frame, but I'm a sturdy pedigree dachshund with strong features. Can you imagine how much energy I have to expend to shake this hefty brain box of mine. Then there are the ears. A rapid swivelling motion of the head causes then to flap vigorously, like some elephantine helicpopter. First under my chin then on the top of my head, each one consequetively, one after the other, beating me as they pursue their percussive path. It sends me into a stupified daze, but anything is better then this pain in my ear, if only I could dislodge it. The tall ones have tried poking their sausage like fingers into my auditory passage but only make matter worse, so I'm going to spend the rest of the day in the gloomy shade under the table trying to sleep and block out this sensation of having a flea in my ear, one that has taken up fencing for a hobby.

Before I sign off, I'd just like to mention Natalie and Robin, who appeared in a previous Dogblog. They left us on Wednesday, full of compliments about their stay here. This is what they were kind enough to write in the guest book:

What a stunning place, gorgeous gardens, enchanting cortijo, the most relaxing holiday we've had in a long time. As the other guests have said we would thoroughly recommend the four course meal, incredibly romantic and tasty. The walk to the waterfalls was perhaps not advisable in the full heat of July but the waters were worth the climb. Should recommend more but we took full advantage of lounging in the beautiful gardens and unwinding in this gorgeous place.
Natalie and Robin, July 2009


There seems a hushed quietness in the countryside around as the heat of summer starts to makes its presence felt and the locals gird themselves for the onset of fiesta season. For us, it's just one week until the garden concert.

Yours, from some sulky corner,

Fergus


PS - Haven't received any suggestions for fruit and vegetable related music as mentioned in my last blog, so I can't publish any.

No comments:

Post a Comment