Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fergus gets started

2009.

A bit cold and wet so far, but there's a scent in the air that draws me out of the house.

Just myself and the tall one on the walk today, she didn't show. Turned up later looking a bit the worse for ware, think she'd been trying to steal a bone from the shepherd's dogs. Silly girl didn't realise she was missing out on breakfast, but all the more for me.

The tall folk have been working at the far end of the land, digging and planting vegetables. The label they placed firmly in the ground said "Broad beans", the other was some heavily scented bulbs similar to those I've seen in the bottom drawer of the kitchen, next to the cupboard where the real goods are stored. There's no point putting in labels in the soil when she and her friends from next door go charging about the place knocking everything over. It will just lead to trouble. Last year, whilst nobody was looking, I swapped the labels around, and she got the blame whilst I got the extra treats. Still doesn't know it was me.

The shorter one was out last night at a concert in Ferreirola, something to do with singing Christmas songs. Seems to have gone well by all accounts.

Supposed to be getting colder this week, and maybe some more snow on the way. Have a look at the last time it snowed here - I'm not sure they caught my good side.



The sun is shining brightly through the window, however, as it does most days, so time for me to stretch out on the rug for a siesta.

More from me soon.

Adios

Fergus.

Cortijo Opazo - self catering and guided walking holidays


No comments:

Post a Comment