Saturday, January 10, 2009

January Rebajas

I sent the two tall ones shopping yesterday. I heard something about 'Rebajas' on the television and, whilst I'm not sure what they are, it was certain to have something to do with dog treats. Christmas was all well and good with the turkey trimmings and everything but the cupboard has been allowed to become a little bare so I thought it was about time to stock up. I'm pleased to say that they returned with the required tins of dog meat plus a bag or two of dried pigs ears so I am content with that - although I am trying to keep them a secret from Ella. They also came back with bags of clothes for themselves which were apparently a bargain, but this was by the by.

Today, as some form of treat for being left indoors all day yesterday, we went out to 'Walk the Elephant' - a name we have given to a popular walks of ours that circumnavigates the mountain opposite. The weather was not promising on our departure and half way round the cloud descended and we were walking through a snow blizzard, but my ever ready dachshund sense of direction saved the day and we were back in front of the fire within the five hours it usually takes to complete the walk.

Now we are all recovering from our exertions, but I'm sure that when Ella next goes out for her relentless bark around the house then the tall ones will break out the pigs ears from the Rebajas they went to on my behalf.

I can almost hear the crunching sound now.

Hasta la proxima,

Fergus

No comments:

Post a Comment