Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Missed Breakfast


I was in the 'Man House' yesterday, in disgrace. It was all concerning the morning walk. When we awoke the cloud cover was down and we could barely see a thing through the resulting mist. As I have explained dachshunds are reluctant to take exercise in damp conditions and when I looked out rain was a distinct possibility. I followed the tall one as far as our neighbour's track whereupon my attention was taken by a very alluring aroma indeed. It reminded me of spring, a time when quite naturally a young dachshund's thoughts turn to certain vital matters of love and procreation. I discretely parted company with my companion, who had his head down against the cold, and pursued my own intentions. When a I returned to the house I had only missed the breakfast biscuits by a few minutes I am sure, but my punsihment was to go without. Really! How am I supposed to keep up this elegant pedigree stature without regular nourishment?

It is very hard for us canines to understand the rights and wrongs of life. Today, for example, the two tall ones seemed to be involved in a very contrary task. Whenever myself or Ella deposit our 'business' in the garden or on the path we are reprimanded for it. Why, then, if the garden is such a sacred, poo free environment did those two spend part of the day collecting sheep manure from the nearby shepherd's barn and tip it on the freshly prepared vegetable beds? It really is beyond me. I have to admit, though, sheep manure is quite tasty!
Made up for the missed breakfast.

Adios a todo,

Fergus

No comments:

Post a Comment