Thursday, January 22, 2009

Every home should have them


A few snow flurries have fallen but nothing significant, not enought to prevent the two tall ones from sneeking off to in the car, to Granada one supposes. The taller one came back alone and so far the shorter one is still missing so I presume he is off on one of his infrequent jaunts. The taller one looks a little dispondant as though slightly overwhelmed by the number of tasks left around the house to complete.

Now I don't normally feel it is my domain to comment on domestic matters but it seems to me that
she has been shedding a deal of hair recently and I can see it starting to gather in unsightly balls around the edges of the room. I, on the other hand, am more considerate and were I to shed any of my fine wirey coat it would remain comliant on the turkish rug awaiting the ministrations of the vacuum cleaner. Nonetheless, two dogs in the house can present the tall ones with extra work at times; I wonder if they would consider adding any of the latest pups to our number. How much more mess can three, four or even five new memebers of the household make? And just think of the advantages. No need for costly draught excluders, we could line ouselves up in the hall as a first defence against the wind that sometimes blows. Hot water bottles would be a thing of the past, and with enough of us we could weigh down the duvet on the bed to gaurantee no cold air whips underneath the sheets. No plate would have to enter the dishwasher without a prewash in the form of a grease busting lick, and every offending bone removed from the house without trace or recourse. Yes, the more I think about it the more ideal it would be for the tall ones to enlarge the canine population of the house, particularly if their veins run with the pedigree blood of a dachshund.

Should I consult first? No, the tall ones would only worry. I know what I'll do, I'll just move them in, how could they say 'no'. Three extra tongues a-licking, three tails a-wagging, 12 paws a-scratching, I might just burst into song - now that gives me an idea for a family choir. They'll thank me for it in the end.

Off to search for new bedding.

More from me anon.

Fergus

No comments:

Post a Comment