Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fergus the foreman


I have been cut off this week and it hasn't been very enjoyable. On Monday 7th February the internet went down, and it did not re-surface until Thursday evening. Four days cut off from the outside world and unable to update my Dogblog. I suspect it was something to do with the the deep snow that is sitting on the mountain where the transmitter masts are located - our internet is provided by radio technology, very modern and wireless but at times a victim to the elements.

But surely spring is here. This week, the weather has been perfect, just the sort of conditions you would hope to have in southern Spain in the winter. Georgeously warm sunshine all day long with barely a breath of air movement. Superb. Almond blossom striding across the hillside with ever increasing momentum. Saw out first tiny little violet flower whilst out walking up to local favourite viewing point, La Mezquita.

We have had a female volunteer working with us for two weeks by the name of Laura, as seen being supervised by me in the picture. fergus the Foreman is an epithet I have earned. Laura's from Australia but staying in Barcelona whilst studying to qualify as an architect. Great company she has been, taking me for walks, feeding me the odd biscuit and rubbing my tum. She even made a genuine Aussie barbeque. The two tall ones got her to do some work in the garden, which seemed a bit unfair to me since tummy rubbing can be a demanding occupation. No wonder she's left us.

Not the only one to leave; they both got into the car today but only the shorter one returned. Looks like we might be in for a quiet week.

Yours, in contemplation of spring,

Fergus



No comments:

Post a Comment