Friday, February 27, 2009

WWOOFers


A right old full house we have of it this week. Both the tall ones that I live with are here plus two more by the names of David and Daniel. These two are apparently called WWOOFers. Something to do with dogs, I presumed, and thought I ought to take them under my paw, but it transpires that WWOOF actually means: Willing Workers On Organic Farms. Turns out that the Australian Laura who was here a short while ago was also a WWOOFer. They seem to get up early enough, put on their working clothes, then all of them head on out and occupy themselves with some chore or other outside until its time to eat. Today I watched them working on the reservoir above the house, building what seems like a small tank for the water to flow into first. I expect it is so that all the mud and other sediments can sink to the bottom before entering the main reservoir. Ingenious really.

The weather has been warm and sunny so I expect the tall ones will soon be needing ti use the reservoir for irrigation purposes.

There are other creatures in the house that are causing me perturbation. Spanish guests downstairs have brought with them two dogs. They are of medium build with long curly hair. Treat the place as thought they own it. She is clearly upset and doesn't know what to make of it, but I'm calm. I've got my eye on them in case they leave their scent in the wrong place.

Yours, from the gantry look out post,

Fergus

No comments:

Post a Comment